The POC Fornix Backcountry MIPS is an ultra light weight helmet that will protect your noggin from heavy impacts. The MIPS System protects your brain from rotational forces that happen in oblique impacts. When an impact occurs the outer shell rotates around the inner helmet to give you more protection. An Aramid bridge in the core of the helmet spreads out the impact over a larger surface. A dial in the back will help you get your fit dialed in just right. On the top of the Fornix Backcountry you have adjustable vents that will keep you cool on the hike up, and goggle vents keep the air moving to prevent your lenses from fogging up.
- MIPS technology (Multi-directional Impact Protection System).
- In-mold helmet with EPS liner.
- Aramid bridge reinforcements for structural stability and dispersion of impact energy.
- Adjustable ventilation.
- Recco avalanche rescue system
- Goggle vents that evacuate steam from your goggles.
- Fixed goggle clip.
- Size adjustment system for a comfortable and safe fit.