The Volkl Kink is a directional twin-tip skis that's designed to hit jumps, rails, pipe walls, hardpack, and soft snow. The Kink has traditional camber underfoot for hardcore edge grip, along with rocker in the tip and tail to smooth out bumpy snow, cruise through powder, and make turning as comfortable as a pair of furry pink handcuffs. Volkl knows that toughness is vital, too, so it designed the Kink with a multi-layer wood core, which features a hard, strong ash layer underfoot for power and binding retention, with light, snappy poplar wood in the tip and tail for a fun, lively ride that makes it easy to boost, butter, and pop onto rails. The core's been topped off with a Tough Box fiberglass and composite wrap for increased torsional stiffness and edging power, making it bold enough that you can forget about ever need a safe word. Combine that with the 89mm waist, and you have a ski that can rally the park, spank the trees, and whip the groomers without thinking twice.
- Dimensions: [all sizes] 122 / 89 / 112 mm
- Profile: traditional camber underfoot, tip & tail rocker
- Construction: Tough Box fiberglass (torsion box) + composite wrap
- Core: multi-layer wood (poplar and ash)
- Claimed Weight: [single, 179] 4 lb 3 oz